Oh My Mama!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010


Gen 3:20 (NKJV)

And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.


Happy Mothers’ Day to ALL!

I just came back from the Philippines last Monday May 10, 2010. I was able to see my mother again. For Mother’s day I gave my mother a wheel chair. She was happy to have a wheelchair to help her move around. She is not as strong as she used to be but otherwise healthy for her age. Although my mother is already 81 years old, she was sweet enough to come with me to the airport to wish me farewell. Her name is Salud which in Spanish means “Health.” True to her name, by the goodness of God, she remains healthy and strong though she feels lazy to go out of the house nowadays. Yet she decided to come with me to see me off. God bless her soul. God gave her wisdom to live a healthy sensible life free from vices and diseases. She doesn’t smoke, drink or indulge in fleshly pleasures. She was the one who gave me her advice on not going to the pawnshop which according to her own words would bring a curse to anyone. I listened to her words and true enough, I was able to live a debt free life free from any financial curse.

Where would we all be without mothers? Eve was created to be the mother of all living. The Hebrew name for Eve is חוּה chavvâh (khav-vaw) which means life giver. God is ultimately the true Life Give yet our Heavenly Father shared His Life Giving Power to the woman. In one way, we owe our lives to our mothers. They took good care of us that today we live to know Jesus our life giver. If we were not born, we wouldn’t be born again and get to know God personally.

God has a great purpose for motherhood in His plan to create a people unto Himself. Mothers are His co-creators to form a Bride fit for His Son Jesus. Even Jesus needed a human mother just to be born into this sinful world so that He could die someday on the cross for our sins. This is why mothers are important to Him and to us as well. Let us honour our mothers in obedience to the 5th Commandment:

Exodus 20:12 (NKJV)

"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

My mother honoured my grandmother with a life that is worthy of praise and respect. She may be old fashioned but she is a virtuous woman of character. This is why she lives a beautiful age of 81. I pray that all mothers live godly lives worthy of our love. God bless all you mothers out there. God wants you to be partners with Him in creating a chosen generation, a holy priesthood, a special nation called out of darkness into His marvelous light to show forth His praise!

My mother at 81

To my Mama Sally (this is why I named my daughter after her). I love you so much!

Your bunso, Edward


----------------------------------

Pastor Edward Vincent J. Barcial

WIN - Al Ain



No comments: