Life After Death

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Testimony Of How I Came To Know The Lord

By Bro. Joseph Lee

Joseph Lera Lee (Filipino) was born April 18, 1963 in Quezon City, Philippines. He came to Sharjah May, 2003 to work as an ice skating coach and transferred to Dubai July 2006. He then came to Al Ain June of 2007 working at Al Ain Mall Skating Rink. This is his incredible story of God’s grace.



You know how amazing how the Lord calls each one of us. Everyone has his own story and testimony of how they came to know the Lord.


For me, this is my story…….. I have experienced LIFE AFTER DEATH!


Hello! My name is Bro Joseph. Some friends call me “ICEMAN.” I work as an Ice Skating Instructor at the Al Ain Mall ice skating rink.


Last August 26 to 28, 2008, I applied for sick leave because of my severe coughing. During my sick leave, I was alone in my room and couldn’t sleep. I was thinking of so many problems in my life like my financial problems, my problems at work, the people around me and worst of all my broken family.


My wife left me for another man in Sharjah. I was thinking also of what will happen to my children in the Philippines. Since the 27th and 28th of August I was having difficulty in sleeping and eating. During those two days I don’t really remember whether I really slept or ate at all.


On August 29, 2008, Bro. Anthony invited me to go to Dubai to join “AIR SOFT”. It is a game of war wherein we dress up like real soldiers. We also carry automatic air rifles loaded with plastic bullets. We also wear protective gears like boots, helmets and goggles to protect us from any serious injury.


Although I was so tired because of lack of sleep and hunger, I decided to go along with him to Dubai to join the game so that I can forget my problems for a while.


So we played search and rescue operation. We started at 7:00 AM. After the 3rd game at around 10:00 AM I sat down and I drank lots of cold water because I felt difficulty in breathing. I stood up and tried to walk just to relax but I felt dizzier and my sweat was cold; my left arm and my jaw were so painful so I started to lie down on the ground. Then somebody came to me and asked me if I were okay. I told him I need to see a medic. He left me and shouted for a medic. Since some of our members are nurses and some are medical professionals, they brought me in one room and performed first aid while waiting for the ambulance.


My arms, fingers, legs and feet were getting straight and rigid too. I asked them to keep massaging my hands. Almost 30 minutes had passed, but still no ambulance came, so they decided to carry me to one of their cars and brought me to Al Rashid hospital, Dubai. While in the emergency room I managed to ask Bro. Anthony to remove all my things in my pocket and asked him to call my wife in Sharjah.


At that moment I already decided to stop fighting for my life, I decided, “Okay, that’s it! I have enough of my life! I have to finish everything and I am tired of problems in my life, so that’s it!” I gave up living!


Then suddenly I saw a bright flashing light like lightning coming towards me. (I though to myself “Maybe I already passed away”). Suddenly I came to realized that I am in a place that I had never been before, all the places are bright white with no walls, no ceilings, no floors. About five meters away from me, I saw my mother, father, father in-law, elder sister and some relatives that were long dead. They were waiting and smiling at me. They were not wearing any clothes but they are covered with light! I cannot see their bodies because it was so bright but I can recognize their faces. My elder sister began pulling me towards a group of many people facing their backs at me. So I decided to go with her. After making 3 to 4 steps….. Suddenly, I heard the voice of my children calling me “Daddy, Daddy, Daddy”. So, at that moment I refused to go with my sister any more.


And on that same moment I heard many people around me, when I opened my eyes I saw doctors and nurses were around me. They almost use the defibrillator on me. The doctor told me that I passed away for almost 1 minute, the cardiac monitor is already flat line at that time they were trying to revive me while administering oxygen, they did everything they could, and he thanked God that I was back alive!


I heard that my wife came and the other doctors were asking her about a few details. I knew she came and I felt comforted. They transferred me to Coronary Care Unit (CCU for further observation. I was diagnosed with acute arterial wall myocardial infarction. Angioplasty was done to widen the narrowed or obstructed blood vessels. After a few days I was discharged from the hospital and I went back here in Al Ain.


After a week of resting in my house, Bro. Anthony and Bro. Melvin came for a visit and prayed for me. Bro. Melvin Laru-an also shared with me his testimony of how the Lord rescued him and his family in Kolambogan, Lanao Del Norte’s CROSS FIRE last August 18, 2008. I got encouraged and was so inspired by his testimony that I came to believe that there is a God that has the power to save!


On September 12, 2008 they invited me to attend a Friday service at Word International Ministries (WIN- Al Ain). There I learned that with God in my life, my life will be meaningful but without Him it is miserable.


On the 15th of September Bro Anthony and Bro. Melvin brought me to Ptr. Audie’s house where they were having their men’s ministry fellowship. There they asked me to give my testimony. So I did and I was able to share my problems too. All the men shared their past and present experiences, too. There again I learned that God is the only solution to our problems. At that moment I surrendered my life to Jesus, I repented of my sins and I accepted Christ to come into my life as Lord and Savior. At that moment I was born again!


After 4 days of being a believer, satan attacked me again by giving me a problem so that I will worry and be stressed out. The “Natur” (the one who represents the Landlord or owner to collect housing fees) came to collect late payment for my house. He wanted to evict me from my accommodation even though it was only days that I failed to pay due to my sick condition. I almost got into a heated argument with him. I did not have the money then so I prayed to God in the name of Jesus. God showed up and answered my prayer by touching people to help me. They paid for my late fees so I was able to stay. Glory to the Lord! I will not mention their names so that their reward will remain in heaven. God bless you mightily!


Now I feel that God and his angels are with me in my room. I am not alone anymore. I want to serve the Lord. I give glory to the Lord because in less than a month I was able to recover and I am back at work.


Please continue to pray for me. It is my desire to continue to grow in the knowledge of the Lord and my family will be whole again.


I don’t want my family to remain broken and I have already released forgiveness to my wife. It’s my prayer that she will be able to find a job here in Al Ain. Together with her, it is my desire to bring our children here, Lord willing.


All I want to say is:

“Thank You Lord! You took me from darkness and bring me to light. You took my sickness and healed my pain and disease. Thank You Lord! Glory to Your name!”


This is my testimony how the Lord has touched me. He allowed the problems, sickness and disease in order to get to know HIM. He even allowed me to experience life after death to remind me that my life here on earth is not yet over. Thank You Lord! I thank You Jesus!


I would also like to thank some brethren from the English and Filipino Evangelical Church and the parents of my students who visited me and prayed for me. Thank you so much and God blesses you all.


TO GOD BE THE GLORY!


Thank you so much,

Joseph “ICEMAN” Lee

No comments: